This is really fulfilling a goal that I've had since I was 12 or 13. I had 2 crazy best friends. We were really cool and would ride our bike to the Sonic and terrorize the employees by pushing the button on the menu dozens of times until someone would yell at us from inside, "Stop! We hear you!" (haha first time was an accident but later it just made us giggle to make them crazy). Anyway, we would talk about how school is for fools and we were going to drop out someday, become bus drivers and live in a van down by the river. It was always an astro-van in my day-dreaming mind but I wouldn't be too picky.
Where are we three 9 years later?
All pursuing higher education (suckers, I know), one married, and one bus driver :) Suffice it to say, I win.
I told a friend last night that having my CDL is kind of a big deal and he got upset with me because he laughed so hard it hurt him. Rude.
I am ridiculously excited for this amazing job for which I need the license. I am going to be a tour guide in Alaska. When people think "Alaska", they think snow, igloos and eskimos. It's unfortunate that there are such misconceptions of the whole state. But it's also lucky for me because it means that not everyone will be rushing to crowd my beloved Southeast Alaska. Thanks everyone!Juneau is my summer home. This will be my third summer in this glorious place and while I can hardly wait to return, my heart will be split in two, part of it staying behind with my dear family. 5 months is a long time. And that's just the beginning.
There are BIG plans in the works.
- Hiking twice a week.
- Visit Sitka and Ketchikan
- Visit Skagway, maybe twice
- Sea kayak!
- Camp, on an island maybe...
What can i say? WORK HARD, PLAY HARD is my creed. There's no other way to live. Life is short, yet long. There's lots to do but also lots of time to share. I plan to love every minute of it.
...right after finals. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment