Adventure is Out There!

Adventure is Out There!
Words to live by.

Cope Park

Cope Park
My favorite place

Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's been a while but I'm still here :)

My sister started her own blog and I'm supremely jealous of how awesome it is. Not only that but she and a few others put me to shame as i have not put up a new post for almost a month. Fail.
But no worries friends, here I come again to be a light in your life as I regale (good word choice?) you with tales from my life.
RECAP:

  • I am a bus driver
  • I live in Juneau, Alaska
  • My apartment is on an island.
Can life get any better? I submit that it CANNOT! :) Well, maybe a giant hug from Mom and Dad would be cherries on top but I'm perfectly happy with what I've got presently.

For any who didn't catch it, I live on an island. This is something I realized the other day while I was entering my address into Borders.com purchasing some excellent books. Island living is pretty legit, if I do say so myself. I live a few minutes walk from Sandy Beach which will be Heli and my new stomping grounds as soon as we have caught up on sleep and both of us have the energy to romp around after work. But that day is close at hand evidence of that being the first partial wrassling match we had yesterday morning. Oh boy am I excited that our little one bedroom apartment has a large living room and dining area (since there is no furniture) for a perfect wrestling space. Oh baby.

I have so many ridiculously funny experiences with passengers so I'll just have to pick a few favorites to share.

  1. I had two nuns on a City tour and they were delightful, sweet little women. As they were getting of my bus, they blessed me. As far as tips go, I figure the prayers of two faithful women may count just as valuable or more than cold, hard cash. At least that's what I'll tell my starving children.
  2. A Carnival Spirit group proved to be the most receptive audience for my sarcastic wit. More often than not when I get up in front of my group already seated on the bus and introduce myself as their driver in my safety speech, I get facetious comments like
    1. "Are YOU our driver? Do you have a license for this?"
    2. "Are you old enough to have a license?"
    3. "Can you reach the pedals?"
    4. "Can you see over the steering wheel?"
    5. "It's a WOMAN driver"
Those are my personal favorites and i usually just brush them to the side, leaving it to my great imagination to picture them try to drive and successfully crash my coach. haha suckas. But because of how wonderful my imagination is, I am able to let the naysayers go on with their lives all limbs intact. :)
Ok, that was pretty violent but let's be honest, there are only so many times in an hour that a person can assure tourists that yes, this bus is indeed going back to the Norwegian, yes, that means NCL, OH MY LANDS JUST GET ON THE BUS!!!!
Anywho, I better post this now or it'll never go up.

Until next time, Heli, family and my lovely stalkers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment