Hey...I'm a bus driver. Living in Alaska. How about that, eh, Pacha?
Anyway, there are some ridiculously awesome things that I get to do either because I am employed by HAP-Alaska or WHILE I'm working. For example, once upon a time, I was supposed to have last thursday off. My bestie did not have the day off so when dispatch asked me to cover Temsco helicopters transfers (not the greatest as far as transfers go. Not so fun, no tips) instead of sleeping or doing some much needed laundry, I ungrudgingly agreed because at least I'd be getting hours.
Then a magic fairy landed on my shoulder and whisked me away to the dog sled camp on top of the Mendenhall glacier!
Oh wait...in a nutshell what ACTUALLY happened was that one of my transfers was cancelled so a huge, shining window of opportunity glared in my face......I COULD JOIN MY GROUP ON THE HELICOPTER TOUR! They had room and I had nothing to do but wait for them to come down!
Oh my lucky stars, I got to go and fly in a helicopter, play with dogs and puppies and play in the snow in the middle of summer! Wicked awesome fun and oh yeah, I was getting paid all the while. :) I love my job.
{even if some days I wish that I could crawl up in the back of my coach and sleep until all the grumpy grumps were back on the cruise ships eating their own weight in bacon and ice cream.}
My first helicopter
I felt like Mater. If you don't know what I'm talking about watch Disney/Pixar's CARS.
Thank you Temso and Jessica and Ricky and Jen and all those who made my magical day possible.
At the dog camp atop the glacier. An AMAZINGLY beautiful day :) It got kinda cloudy after my group flew back down. But for us, for a moment...it was perfection.
I was driving the back sled while my musher trained a younger dog, Ruby, at her first time as a lead dog!
Lucy. Isn't she precious? The litter she was born in were named for the Peanut Gang. Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy and Sally.
Mom, I want a puppy.


No comments:
Post a Comment