Adventure is Out There!

Adventure is Out There!
Words to live by.

Cope Park

Cope Park
My favorite place

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shout out to the Great Dr. Seuss


How simply inspirational are the words of Theodore Seuss Geisel (March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991). Known for his work in children's books, we grew up reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, All The Thinks You Can Think, The Lorax and my personal favorite Green Eggs and Ham. No I would not eat green eggs and ham with a fox, I would not eat them in a box.
I remember one day, when I was in preschool, my teachers made a special treat of green eggs and ham for lunch. I was an extremely picky eater at that age and can't remember if I really ate it. But I remember staring at it and wondering how it got green. Good times.

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”-Dr. Seuss

Thanks Dr. Seuss for your wild imagination and for the use of trisyllabic meter and rhyme that was so easy and fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment