Adventure is Out There!

Adventure is Out There!
Words to live by.

Cope Park

Cope Park
My favorite place

Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures of a Saturday

I am perfectly aware that these entries are for you and you alone Heli. And I am just fine with that. Facebook is much too public for the things I wish to share. And I am too funny to be fully appreciated on FB.
So today started out kinda weird. Helped my mom and dad pack up and get ready to head out on a road trip to California. I would have loved nothing more to have picked up and gone with them but alas, I have more responsibilities than them. HA! Just kidding. But my mom has been looking forward to visiting a dear friend of hers who lives there for a long time.
But I went about my saturday, taking my time getting ready because I could, accomplished my errands and waited rather impatiently for my dear friend Paul to call me. He surprised me by just showing up at my house in the infamous bug! It was literally a drive down memory lane. haha I make fun of it too much. He's going to think I really hate it. But I don't. I just don't like smelling like gasoline. :)
We had our first jamba run in over 2 years and I was really excited about it but I totally lost track of time and made Jo and I super late to LoriLee's bridal shower! Oops! And right then Utah decided it was blizzard time. Awesome.
The bridal shower was fantastic. Fascinating, really. I learned a lot. Pretty sure I was the youngest one there by several years making it a learning experience! Maybe I need to talk to my bishop after that... hahaha
Then I was told that I wasn't needed at work so Jo and I went to wal-mart to get ingredients for lasagna made from scratch (it turned out PHENOMENALLY).
I did the girliest thing I've done in a really long time: got a mani/pedi and now I LOVE my toes! Teehee
Poker night at Jo's was a hit because of the wonderful lasagna and the delicious pies provided by Brit and Co.
Little story: I was cutting and peeling various veggies so that Jo and I could snack while preparing the food. I asked Jo if she had a potato peeler. She said she might but that she just used one of their small knives (which are basically dull). I didn't question that she might not have a potato peeler and proceeded to have major struggles trying to peel the cucumber with a semi-dull knife. Later, when I was looking through the drawer where the cooking utensils are kept, I found not one, not two but SEVEN POTATO PEELERS!!! Way to go, Jo. Ruined my life.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like the most amazing Saturday! Mani-pedis are awesome. They really are too bad I'm always so poor to get them done but on the bright side I've become pro by doing them myself!! Well, I am glad that going to a bridal shower taught you a little bit more about the facts of life. It's too bad I couldn't go, man I hate living so far away! It's true you are way too funny people on FB just don't get it! But I do!! : ) PS potato peelers awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for appreciating how awesome I am, Heli. The pedi felt great but I am already getting fed up with keeping the mani nice. I have come to believe that potato peelers are essential to life.

    ReplyDelete