Adventure is Out There!

Adventure is Out There!
Words to live by.

Cope Park

Cope Park
My favorite place

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Warning: Nodding off in class can cause minor Whiplash

I really like school. I love to learn. Signing up for classes every semester is both stressful (trying to make sure they will all count toward graduation) and exciting. It's like a scavenger hunt of riveting subjects that I get to study at an institution of higher education.
Except this class STRUCK OUT
The name Brazilian Cultures in the anthropology discipline (and diversity requirement fulfilling credit) gave me reason to think that I would thoroughly enjoy learning about an exotic country. Um...not so much. It really isn't the class content, it's definitely the professor. I have the best luck with professors. They are fantastic at teaching and really knowing what they are talking about and/or watching them walk into the room makes me chuckle.
This Brazil professor looks a lot like Tom Hanks (minus movie makeup) but a lot geekier and goofier. Probably less eloquent too. Oh my Prof has a cute diamond stud in his left ear lobe. Super cute!

My prof is always prefacing what he's going to talk about according to the lecture. Which would be totally fine and extremely helpful....if he didn't repeat it every 5 minutes.
Ok, I'm being too judgmental but I think that the small fortune I paid to sit through an hour and a half of pinching myself to stay awake allows me some degree of criticism.

1 comment:

  1. Ba ha ha ha I remember you telling me about him! That's awesome. You silly girl. I love reading your stuff makes my day everyday!

    ReplyDelete